virtual collegiate community
Black Girls Do STEM (BGDSTEM) Virtual Community is geared toward our college aged girls to serve as a space where they can engage directly with BGDSTEM mentors and other students in the community.
Creating a Virtual Space
We created a space in response to COVID-19 where college aged girls can come for tutoring, tips for interviewing, or just to talk/vent.
We want the virtual community to be a safe space where our girls can come and have immediate access to whatever they need to be successful during the school year and/or during their transition out of school.
WHO IS THE COMMUNITY FOR?
- Femme presenting Black women 17 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in or graduated from an institution of higher education
- Preferably pursuing a degree in a STEM major or tech program
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO JOIN?
- Black girls in STEM need a space where they can feel comfortable to ask questions and find support – our community accomplishes just that!
- We want our girls to have a network of other Black women in STEM so that they always remember they are not alone even if they are the only Black woman in many of their classes
VCC SPEAKER SERIES
- In addition to a supportive, Slack, community, BGDSTEM VCC offers online workshops held by professional women in STEM to help our college-aged girls navigate through various STEM fields.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPEAKER?
The perfect space for Black women pursuing STEM degrees in college to connect and find the resources that they need.
“I love being a part of a community of women that look like me and share the same interests as me where we can share ideas with each other, support each other, etc.”