BLACK Girls Do STEM envisions a “New Normal” where there is equitable representation of black women across all STEM fields.
OUR PHILOSOPHY & MISSION
Black Girls Do STEM is diversifying innovation, empowering Black girls to achieve equitable STEM representation. By creating a culturally unique learning space we give room for cognitive and mental resilience lending to deveopment of a STEM mindset and belief in their STEM capabilities while placing positive role models who look like them right in their path.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
STEM Saturday Academy | 6th-8th Grade
- Career spotlight on various STEM careers
- Multidisciplinary STEM curriculum
- Mentoring from Black women in STEM
- Social and personal development (SEL)
Virtual College Community | Higher Ed
- Extended alumni networks
- Collegiate communities and alumni chapters
- Equitable pay initiative
- STEM institutional equity initiative
Become a Volunteer!
- Support our girls through volunteering as a mentor, program site support staff, and/or work group member